Terms of service
WELCOME TO THE MUSÉE DE LA GASPÉSIE
OWNERSHIP / RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The Musée de la Gaspésie owns and operates the Web site. All content, data, graphics, photographs, images, sound, video, software, trademarks, trade names and other information (collectively, the "Content") contained on this Web site is the property of Musée de la Gaspésie. The Content is protected by Canadian and international copyright and trademark laws.
Except as provided herein, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, distribute, display on screen, perform, transfer, sell or create derivative works from the Content without the prior written consent of Musée de la Gaspésie. You may download, print and reproduce the Content for your own informational purposes, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Content and that you cite its URL. It is strictly forbidden to reproduce all or part of the content in multiple copies, for resale or distribution purposes, without the prior written permission of Musée de la Gaspésie. If you wish to obtain written authorization to reproduce content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
While the Musée de la Gaspésie makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this Web site, it does not warrant that the information or materials contained herein are up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete. The Musée de la Gaspésie assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Web site, including information relating to product descriptions, pricing and availability. The Musée de la Gaspésie reserves the right to modify and update the information posted on the site at any time without notice. Your sole remedy for any purchase made through our Web site is to return it for a refund.
The Musée de la Gaspésie ensures that the products offered on the site are available in stock. However, some products may be out of stock. In the event of a completed order for a product that is out of stock, we will inform you as soon as possible and your credit card will be reimbursed.
REGISTRATION AND PASSWORDS
To access certain parts of the website, you may be required to complete an online registration form.
In consideration of your use of this Web site and the services it offers, you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form provided to you by the Web site. You also agree to update your registration information whenever a change is made to any information on that registration form.
As part of the registration process, you may be asked to provide a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this password and user name, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password or user name. You agree to immediately notify Musée de la Gaspésie of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security.
You may have the opportunity to upload, post, display or otherwise display information, ideas and opinions on the Web Site through product reviews, responses, comments posted on the Web Site or the transmission of other content for display on the Web Site (collectively "User Content").
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any User Content that :
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized promotional or advertising content, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any form of solicitation;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary (exclusive) or privacy rights of any third party;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, harassing, invasive of another's privacy, or discriminatory on the basis of race, ethnic origin or otherwise;
- contains any form of destructive software such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, logic bomb, cancelbot, any other harmful component or any other computer file, program or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Harvest or otherwise collect or retain any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Web site, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such other users;
- mislead others, create a false identity as to the sender or origin of the message, forge a header or otherwise tamper with an identifier in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Web site;
- impersonate any person or entity, including a newsgroup leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Web site, other computer systems or networks connected to the Web site, through password mining or otherwise;
- interfere with or disrupt networks or servers connected to the Web site or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- use, download or otherwise copy, or provide to any person or entity any website user directory or other user or usage information, in whole or in part, other than in connection with your use of the website.
From time to time, we may offer contests, sweepstakes and games on the website. Each of these activities is governed by specific rules that are accessible from the Web site pages on which the promotion is announced or when you register.
To enhance your experience on the Web site, we may provide you with links to other Internet sites owned and operated by third parties, which are not affiliated with our company. Please understand that the Web sites linked to our Web site are independent from the Musée de la Gaspésie and that the Musée de la Gaspésie has no control over their content. As such, the Musée de la Gaspésie is not responsible for and makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, timeliness and/or completeness of the information contained on such Web sites.
The inclusion on our Web site of links to other sites does not imply that we sponsor, endorse or are affiliated or associated with the trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, logos, symbols or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through those sites.
We welcome any comments you may have on the external links we have placed on our website.
DISCLAIMER / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although we do our best to update and maintain the content of the website, errors and/or omissions may occur.
ACCORDINGLY, THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE CONTENT AND SERVICES IT OFFERS, IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE MUSÉE DE LA GASPÉSIE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE MUSÉE DE LA GASPÉSIE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MUSÉE DE LA GASPÉSIE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT OR SERVICES OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SAME, EVEN IF THE MUSÉE DE LA GASPÉSIE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By using this Web site, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Musée de la Gaspésie, its affiliates, members, officers, employees, agents and licensors from and against any and all losses, costs, damages, claims, fines, penalties, expenses and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees and accounting expenses) resulting from:
any content (including user content) that you (or anyone using your password or username) submit, post, transmit or make available to visitors on the website;
your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MODIFICATIONS AND TERMINATION
Taxes are applicable according to the place of delivery of the items in compliance with federal and provincial tax laws.
Payments are completed securely using STRIPE's services offered via the Shopify e-commerce platform.
All prices indicated on the online sales site are in Canadian dollars.
Payment can be made by credit card such as Visa, Mastercard or AMEX. Paypal is also available as a payment method.